Saturday, June 11, 2005

Burn My Hat!



Thirty-sixth US president Richard Nixon can lay claim to a Welsh heritage, it has emerged.
Nixon, who resigned over the Watergate scandal in 1974, is descended from landed gentry who lived on what is now Wrexham's Caia Park estate
Nixon's genealogy - drawn up when he became president - showed he was a descendant of the 15th Century John Puleston
.


Can't say I was very pleased to read this – my dad's family are Welsh, dammit how dare this disgraceful Yank be Welsh, Yakky Dar an' all that?

It just ruins our image as noble Celts, standing up to the Norman krauts, strumming our harps as we get mown down at Offal's Dyke, or somewhere like that.

I'm really pissed off about this, I mean this was the guy that died a political death in his presidential campaign, after we got asked "Would you buy a used car from this man?"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

One look at his shifty (now Welsh) face and all the Yanks said "No way."

Everyone in Europe said "No way."

It's enough to make all good Welshwomen (and men) burn their pointy Welsh hats, so it is.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Except for a Mr Ron Saunders of course, who told the BBC

"They do say that he was an excellent president and everybody makes a mistake."

Er, Watergate? Something about criminal behaviour, impeachment, resignation, Hmmmm?

Us Welsh don't, mate, not THAT sort of mistake


Top of the British Blogs

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

*pat pat* Let's hold it with that as the old heathen did with the Gospels. He said: "After all it was a long time ago and we'll hope it isn' true."

Mad Dog said...

Hmmm, dangerous stuff here. Be careful or you'll have everone west of Offa's Dyke trolling on your blog.

Poor old tricky, I feel a bit sorry for him as he is, after all, not with us anymore. Yes I know he bombed VietNam to buggery and had the Watergate hotel burgled but somehow he doesn't seem as bad as the present lot.

Iechyd Da!

Red Fred said...

I stand by what I said! *dives for cover*

Not as bad as Thickhead Bush eh?

Can see both of you belong to the 'Long Time Ago' school of thought!

Mad Dog said...

In my case it's because I'm old and the mists of time have softened my vison of his crimes.

Reagan, was another kettle of fish. Nothing will reduce the bile I feel for him. He was in denial about AIDS, closed mental health institutions, ruined the California library system (when he was governor) and somehow perpetuated the myth that he brought down the Iron Curtain (it fell down of its own accord). And don't even get me started on W's lackeys like Rumsfield. Bastards!

Anonymous said...

There, there... easy now... wotimeantersay is mebbe he idn't really Welsh even though he did welsh a bit *har har*