Saturday, January 02, 2010

Crash and Burn





I’m sure that everyone has finished Christmas with a credit card that is going ‘crash and burn’ all the way to the bank; but feeling quietly satisfied that they have acquitted themselves with honour in the prezzi department; like a friend of mine who is glowing smugly as her brother wanted a new bird feeder, and that’s what he got – the lucky blighter. Apparently he was thrilled.


Me myself? I am the proud owner of a new ‘hoodie’, it seems I fit the profile, and that’s all I’m saying. I do like the very long sleeves, so I can hunch my shoulders and scrunch my hands together, in approved anti-social mode.
Of course, the vivid stripes of pink and green do make one rather visible

Hat2


However, I did hit the bull’s eye with this, yes, the glorious Sheep Shaggers’ beer; it made the perfect gift and I expect that the lucky recipient will write a heartfelt letter of thanks to Santa.




sheepbeer.3

Best if he does, eh?

And before anyone replies with indignant and outraged protests about sheep, and their rights, let me assure you that I am very fond of sheep, I think they’re very sweet, and tasty as well.

That's as far as the interest in sheep goes, thank you sheep.2



Lastly, here is a picture of my latest Hat, which will induce feelings of envy in all who see it. And a Happy New Year to you all.

hat

Yep.









8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The hat and jumper are a perfect match!

Mad Dog said...

Happy New Year, RF.

Red Fred said...

Well, Anon, I'm glad you understand the principle of co-ordination
Hmmnnn....

Delicia said...

uh oh - a striped Shade lurkin in corners! Coloured stripes!

scary- very scary...

the abyss ain't got nuthn like it -nuthn.

Paul Garrard said...

I hate stupid names like that for beer. Having said that I recently enjoyed a pint of Dog'd Bollocks. I had to be tried!

Red Fred said...

Look 'ere, Delicia, it ain't nice to imply I came from an abyss - not nice at all, himpff..

I can undestand the compulsion, Paul, I do, I do....

Delicia said...

Of course da Shade din't come from da abyss, tha's jus the point I wuz a-makin, idn't it, da things out offa da abyss bein' harmless by comparison, is wot i said, din't I. A declare solemnly dat dem monsters'd be too much scared ta admit da Shade down below, even more wiv dose stripes.
'appy now?

Red Fred said...

Happy??? Me 'appy...? Maybe *himpff*