Thursday, November 24, 2005

Stuff me a Turkey



Over here in Blighty, we are the proud possessors of our very own cheeky chappie
Jamie Oliver

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



He tosses things into a bowl, throws ‘em into the oven with many a “You know what I mean?” and says ‘Booutiful’ a lot.
It’s all very nice, he’s cheerful and is careful to keep his ‘Lunnon’ accent – and he appears on TV a lot.

But I am fed up with hearing his chatty little voice every time I visit British Home Stores - the first time, I thought it was just bad luck, as his advice on how to stuff things into turkeys, followed me round the store.


As it’s Christmas, we must of course hear about that, so British Home Stores were playing a video.

The second time, I realised it wasn’t bad luck, its my doom; there it was again, only this time the tape had got to a fairly explicit part of how to introduce substances into a turkey.

Damn it, there must be some grounds for taking this to a Human Rights tribunal…or do I mean the Turkey Tribunal?

Top of the British Blogs

4 comments:

Oberon said...

.......foster peace in your own life......share it with others.

Anonymous said...

We just got finished with Thanksgiving here in the US, and walking around during our pre-Christmas sales we saw a rather egregious singing deer mount at what you would call a DIY across the pond. We couldn't escape that either, you poor dear!

'English A.' from the USA

Mad Dog said...

Jamie's glottal stops drive me crazy but he's a good cook though. He's quite frequently on the Food Channel over here...

Red Fred said...

Well helen, I said 'A lot' with gritted teeth, its imposssible to avoid him!

A singing deer huh, English A? That's bad, although my local hardware store has been displaying a hideous Santa, jiggling about and singing, since October!

Yes Mad Dog I agree - all those catchy little speech habits, make me want to bip him one; although I always remember his early programmes, where the menu was er... A Chip Butty! Pre-school lunch days I expect.