Thursday, January 19, 2006

A Lack of Resolution



It’s that time of year when our New Year good intentions get a bit tarnished – but I only made one resolution, and you can be damn sure it had nothing to do with giving up chocolates. Or the booze.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I found a couple that, for some reason I can relate to

1) We will not invade Earth again- aliens from practically all of 1996's SF movies (Independence Day, Mars Attacks and even Star Trek: First Contact)


2) I will read criminals their rights before destroying them - E. E. Doc Smith's Kimball Kinnison

Way to go Baby!!


I have resolved, and it was easy to do so, never to watch Big Brother. One glance at the web, and even the dailies, is enough to convince me that I know everything I ever wanted to know about George Galloway.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Even the Speaker of the House of Commons commented on George’s strange party habits, saying he would watch the programme ‘when he had time’
Don’t bother Mr. Speaker, the House is full of ‘interesting’ characters as it is.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

But full marks to BBC2 and the new series of ‘Who do you think you are?’ Brilliant stuff, and the first one with Jeremy Paxman was a cracker. Of course, it’s a bit of window gazing into other folk’s backyards, but fascinating to watch the process of investigating your family tree, and Mr. Paxman himself, was a star turn.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

For one thing he ticked the reporter off for asking silly questions – this is Jeremy you know, who is not a fluff-brain, serve the Beeb man right, so it did. Paxman’s reactions to some of the story he uncovered would hit a chord with most of us I guess – got me a bit as well.


‘Cause of Death – Consumption and Exhaustion’


She was 35. Like Paxman said ‘Don’t know we're born, do we?’

Top of the British Blogs

3 comments:

Unknown said...

George Galloway for prezident..I think he's great i do.

Anonymous said...

I never noticed that that those all those 1996 SF movies had aliens invading earth. We had a paranoid bunch of screenwriters back then, didn't we!

I loved "Mars Attacks" - "look! they killed Congress!" and the old lady laughs :)

Red Fred said...

Sure that was it...everyone convinced we were going to be invaded by little green men....