Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Mutterings under the Hair-Dryer



Me and the hairdresser agreed – Christmas had been a riot, we had both enjoyed ourselves far too well. And as Kelly pointed out, I had started my Christmas a good fortnight before everyone else.

She didn’t have to mention that – All right, may have tackled the gluvin a shade too enthusiastic like, but my buddy over in Rostock takes the blame for that.


I muttered under the hairdryer, and listened to Kelly expounding the virtues of a de-tox diet.
It sounded horrible, I think I’d rather be pickled.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I regarded the interesting coloured streaks in me barnet, and hoped to God, she had picked up the right bottle.


Kelly is well into these diet thingies, and I was nearly tempted – but not much, lots of Christmas goodies still stashed back in the kitchen.

We gazed at a magazine pic of Posh B, and agreed she was a stick insect – that’s one thing you could never accuse me of, and I agreed with me hairdresser that life is too short to worry.


Of course the next time I get ideas about slipping into something slinky, I won’t be saying that, but it’s peace for now, brothers and sisters. But there’s more to life than chocolate (not much I agree)

Today I signed up for the German Language programme online, ‘BBC Steps.’ I hafta get a few verbal swipes back at the Kraut in her own lingo.

The first lesson is ‘Flughafen Tegel. Ankunft.’
(Tegel Airport. Arrivals.)


Bugger, I need stronger stuff than ‘Guten Tag. Freut mich.’
(Hello. Pleased to meet you.)


I require punchyness, I want verbal oomph.

Freut mich then.


Top of the British Blogs

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So...what colour was these highlights then.

Red Fred said...

Copper!!! ye harrr!!