Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A Slight Misalignment




I enjoy birthdays – unlike some folks, I like having them. There is however, a downside.


‘Getting older,’ you all chorus. Wrong, totally wrong. Nope, the downside is the ‘creativity’ it seems to unleash in me friends and acquaintances.

It’s the golden chance to express their ‘honest’ opinions, with complete freedom.

My, how they find cards, that go for the jugular.

Here is a card I had from some friends at work, who wrote 'This reminded us of you'. I don’t think it needs any comment from me.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


If you are wondering what the other cards were like…go on wondering. Not for the fainthearted, I can tell you.

I celebrated the birthday weekend by paddling the Pirate’s kayak.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is the Pirate (or Commander as he says) before I rammed his vessel into the bank. He didn’t look so happy after that.

He said a few things, expressing his feelings in a colourful sort of way. I prefer to call it a ‘slight misalignment’. Yep, I think that covers it.


And Happy Birthday to me.





Top of the British Blogs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why - !!! Many happy returns and may God grant you many more! I send a virtual bouquet to you. AN

Red Fred said...

Thank you AN! Very nice of you.