Monday, October 13, 2008

It's a Big Black Hole...




Somewhere in this world, there is a big black hole where all the lost things go – my favourite pair of boots, some official documents for example


As you might deduce from this screech of woe I have moved house and by the laws of chaos, cannot find anything that I really need to find.


Much to my fury I have found (a) My NHS card (b) My out of date library card
Yipeee


By way of consolation, at least I think it was meant to be consoling, the Kraut suggested that miniature krakens lurked near my new abode, ready to snap my ankles off

I_Will_Not_Fall_In.jpg



"There could be a Kraken...lurking"

Just because I got caught like that on the Christmas Ghost Train in Rostock.



All I got by way of sympathy was a very complacent Kraut pointing out that I should have known that trap doors meant grabbing hands would get me.
“You should have drawn your ankles up, just like I did.”

Yes, I should.


And I have to get back to my boxes – so let’s hope no Krakens are nesting in them
Yep.

7 comments:

Mad Dog said...

Whether it be Black Holes or Kraken, something snatches my pens, sunglasses etc (or more recently my pension) with alarming frequency...

Good luck with the move and its aftermath.

Anonymous said...

Moving may be less fun than getting one's teeth pulled. Bah.

If the krakens aren't responsible, maybe the vacuum created by the braindead McCain/Palin supporters?

Hope the rest of the unpacking goes smoothly :)

Anonymous said...

Baby Krakens inhabit puddles. As dey grow dey move into boxes of increasing size, cellars and canalization galleries an other dark places dey can comfortably reach out of wiv deir tentacles to grab ankles. De Kraken likes doin dat.
The great grandfather of all Krakens sits indeed in a big black hole, nicely padded wiv all the lost socks and gloves that have ever been lost and frantically searched for in the history of the whole world.
The great Kraken also steals library cards, books and buttons, not because dey are comfortable, no, dat is jus sheer Kraken spite. Now you knows.

Anonymous said...

The little kraken sit very quietly in deir puddles, oh so quietly. But in the small hours of the night dey wallop. And wallop, and wallop.

Unknown said...

Pah...Two more heart attacks and another spell in hospital and what do I find....still on Krakens....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Red Fred said...

Oh Zap.....you is badly done by!
If I see any little krakens in the puddles...I shall jump up and down on them, so there!
*bravely*

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

You'll git the warm, delicious, pink whole if you follow me Upstairs. Meet me Upstairs in the Great Beyond for a celebration of our resurrection where we'll have a kick-ass party till well after sundown. God bless.