Monday, February 07, 2005

No Cockerel Required So I'm All Right!







I read this advert three times before I had to admit, this is no joke, it’s really the yoke, oh blast it, now I can feel a spate of egg thoughts killing me softly with its...? No No, stop. Remember I’m British.

Stiff Upper Lip time.







This ‘Eglu’ (oh how could they?) ok, this eglu is your cosy little home for your ‘Organic’ chickens!

Organic? What the hell does that mean, where the hell have these damn organic chickens migrated from? some mad scientists lair hidden underground, the planet Mars, Wapping?
Is Wapping a planet? Not sure, are they human in Wapping, no, probably not.

Someone can explain the next bit to me, I must have fallen asleep in this lesson.


The blurb says, and I quote ‘Two organic hens laying 12 eggs a week ( jesus, they must have sore bums).
And here comes the good bit!


No cockerel required.

Sex has surely changed a lot since I first encountered the birds and the bees talk in fourth year biology.
Yep, pause for thought here.





No comments: