Sunday, May 08, 2005

We Got Pavements



Round where I live we know how to make the most of our pavements.

Yep, we got back yards, and better still we got pavements. We use ‘em big-time.

Walking down our road, over the last week or so I could have picked up a sports top fleece (black) or a kitchen mop (slightly bent) but usable.
I didn’t much care for the fake Christmas tree, or the tennis racquets, but must admit there were two racquets, very handy that.

Was a bit tempted by the bike, in good condition, one ‘lost’ owner.

When folks round here are bored out of their skulls by the garden, then there IS the pavement.

That’s why I found three lads having a Sunday morning snooze on the pavement, plus a few cans of doubtful origin –a bit of sun, stretch out, legs in the road, lovely stuff.

I walked past them very quietly,and did not even think of kicking a few cans as I passed. Honest.

The Sainsbury’s trolley is still hanging around – by some mysterious means it travels up and down the road, but never strays far from home. It was back down on the 3rd corner in the hedge yesterday.


Jolly good, keep things orderly-like.
Yep

Top of the British Blogs

2 comments:

Mad Dog said...

No mention of dog poop. Maybe you have very civic minded neighbours? It's still shocks me that a huge proportion of dog owners in the UK feel it's their God-given right to let their dogs crap everywhere. Disgusting! I'd bring back public impaling for this...

Red Fred said...

Oh no this is dog-poo country all right, not a civic minded soul from one end of the road to the other!
But I sure have learnt to hop good!!
Oh yeah , its all right for their mutts to half bite you as well, along with blood curdling snarls of hunger for human flesh.