Wednesday, May 04, 2005

We want a Body, Yes Siree!




Like so much on this planet, it started off as a bit of a news snippet, I refer to the runaway bride in Georgia, USA.
Of course its Hollywood time, young bride (blonde of course) goes missing on eave of big wedding. It may surprise any of my readers (ok they may be a tad invisible) that I smelt a rat.
Yep, when I read the description of this wedding, with 14 bridesmaids and 14 groomsmen, and a tally of 600 guests, I thought "Hey! This spells Trouble with a capital T!"

For God's sake, it's a leg trembler, getting hitched, who was trying so hard to make it a new form of torture? Huh?

The bride's Mummy, I bet you my last dole cheque.

So the bride turns up in New Mexico after scores of folk in her hometown go looking for a body.
Was everyone happy? Like hell they were.
Dig these headlines.


FURY AT BRIDE WHO LIED
Relief turned to rage in an Atlanta suburb yesterday after residents learned vanished bride-to-be Jennifer Wilbanks fabricated her abduction, which caused days of worry among her friends, family and small-town neighbors.


More anger than joy in missing bride's Georgia hometown


County District Attorney Danny Porter vowed to look into whether Wilbanks, 32, violated the law by reporting a crime that didn't exist.

A local resident is quoted as saying that the bride was the most selfish person on the planet.

Jesus, they would rather have found a BODY? Just so it was worth their while to have so much trouble?

Worse was to come, as the Hispanics Group got ratty with the poor girl for inventing an abductor of Hispanic origin. Their spokes person thundered
"We cannot and will not stand for any racial stereotyping of Hispanics as criminals and thugs,"
No siree, we can't have that.

I think the groom's dad should have the last word.


"I think the wedding plans got a bit out of hand."


Some advice for these lovebirds. Run away and get married, try the Outer Hebrides, only the sheep to worry about. Yep.


Top of the British Blogs

2 comments:

Mad Dog said...

Poor girl. With 600 guests I think anyone would go off their rocker. I wonder who pays for these shindigs? I'm not sure she and fiance should elope and get married either. If there's a whiff of doubt in the air my advice is "don't do it". Or am I just be a cynic...?

Red Fred said...

Oh sure, 600 guests is enough to make anyone doubt their sanity. Maybe only the insane get married.
Now IS that cynical or what?