Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Robin Cook



06/08/2005
Robin Cook, the former Cabinet Minister and MP for Livingston, died today at the age of 59 after being taken ill while walking in the Highlands.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Robin Cook, Foreign Secretary 1997-2001

Tony Blair’s cool response to the death of Robin Cook, his refusal to attend the funeral, shouldn’t be a surprise. Oh dear me no, can’t interrupt our holiday can we?
I don’t think Blair and Integrity get along very well these days.

I’m not the only one who respected Robin Cook for his stance against the Iraq conflict, not the only person to regret the loss of a very rare breed in British politics today.

A politician who had the guts to oppose a war we should never have got into, a war that Blair should not have entered. Perhaps one day we will have a Prime Minister who doesn’t need to hold hands with the USA president all day and all night.

We should be proud we had a politician like Cook. It’s a pity we can’t say the same about Tony Blair.

Let’s remember Robin Cook with some pride.Yep.


Top of the British Blogs

5 comments:

Mad Dog said...

I'll second that...

Unknown said...

Good post Fred. Robin was right. Going to war was wrong.

Red Fred said...

Sure thing - I will check out your blogs - thanks.
Yes -- Blair and Bush are like the Terrible Twins, very very scary!

Anonymous said...

My condolences to Robin Cook's family and to the citizens of the UK.

I'm sorry the $hrub has successfully dragged Blair along in all this...I don't know what else to say.

(I'm not recommending my blog unless you need comic relief...I avoid real life when I blog.)

Red Fred said...

'Little sister'.....you do NOT have to aplologise for President Twig......comic relief is always needed and welcomed!